Developing a Good Oral Care Routine
With the amount that we use our teeth on a daily basis, it is important to develop good oral care routines so that we can keep our teeth healthy and strong for as long as possible. In order to develop good oral care routines, we need to consult experienced dentists who can inform their patients about the kind of care their teeth require. This is why it is imperative to have yearly or bi-yearly dental visits. A great place to get your dental care is at our office, Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA. There, general dentists, Dr. Vladmir Dontsov and Dr. Anuj Patel pride themselves in providing the highest level of oral care.
Some Good Oral Care Routines To Remember
There are daily habits that you can consider to better your oral health. Some of these habits include:
- Don’t go to bed without brushing your teeth
- Proper brushing technique and time
- Floss your teeth once a day
- Do not forget to clean your tongue
- Use mouthwash and fluoride toothpaste
These are just a few of the things you can do to make sure you are keeping your teeth healthy and clean. Depending on your behaviors, lifestyle, and oral health these habits may have to be altered. Our general dentists can help you understand the routines you should follow.
Learn How We Can Help You
Regular visits to the dentist can help you keep good oral health and maintain an oral care routine that will keep your teeth clean and healthy for the rest of your life. It is important to get advice from your general dentist because they can tether an oral care routine that fits with your lifestyle. If you live in or nearby Lancaster, CA, consider a general dentist from our office, Dentist 4 Uninsured to help you get the dental care you need. Call our office in Lancaster at (661) 726-1010 to set an appointment.
Not loving your smile? Change how you look and feel with cosmetic dentistry services from Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA. Dr. Vladimir Dontsov and Dr. Anuj Patel understand that oral health is best complemented with excellent smile aesthetics. If you don't come them naturally, their artistic touch can give you a smile you can really love.
What Makes an Awesome Smile?
Opinions differ, but an awesome smile usually makes other people smile, too. Natural-looking, bright teeth with just the right amount of gum tissue speak of good health and self-esteem, as well.
The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry says people determine a lot about who you are by just looking at your smile. So, if yours is defective due to stains, cracks, dark fillings, or something else, it can make you feel less confident in social situations and send the wrong message.
Cosmetic Dentistry Changes Everything
At Dentist 4 Uninsured, we offer several cosmetic dentistry services to improve your smile. Used singly or combined for a totally new look, these aesthetic treatments work amazingly well. You'll be so pleased with the results, and people will notice.
Your care plan begins with an in-office exam, x-ray screening, and a setting of goals. What's your vision for the perfect smile? Dr. Dontsov or Dr. Patel will outline the steps you need to take to achieve it. Do you need one-visit teeth whitening, a complete makeover, or something in between? Your consultation at our Lancaster office will tell it all.
- Composite Resin Bonding: Your dentist blends away small chips and cracks or fills narrow gaps with a mix of glass and acrylic. This tooth-colored resin is shapeable, has a natural sheen and is highly durable.
- White Fillings: Instead of metal fillings, your dentist uses composite resin, glass ionomer, or porcelain fillings, depending on the size and location of your cavity. These innovative restorations are strong, long-lasting, and totally unnoticeable.
- Porcelain Crowns: Also known as dental caps, these beautiful crowns reinforce tooth structure and improve appearance after oral trauma. They also complete procedures such as root canal therapy and dental implants.
- Teeth Whitening: These safe applications of hydrogen peroxide gel bleach out deep dental stains caused by cigarettes, coffee, blueberries, soy sauce, curry, and more. Choose a fast in-office service or convenient whitening trays worn in the privacy of your home. Expect a smile spectacularly brighter in color.
- Porcelain Veneers: These thin shells of high-grade ceramic camouflage defects such as cracks, pits, odd shape, and more. They are a permanent smile upgrade custom-made for best fit and appearance.
It's Time to Begin
Your new smile is a phone call and consultation away. Contact Dentist 4 Unisured in Lancaster, CA, today by dialing (661) 726-1010.
Do you have a single tooth that has recently been weakened or severely damaged? If so, all you might need is a dental crown to shore up the tooth and give your smile more strength and stability. Read on to learn how crowns from your general dentists here at Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA, can boost your dental health!
Dental Crowns: A Common Restorative Dental Treatment
If you look at the most common dental treatments to restore the function and appearance of your smile, you’ll find dental crowns very close to the top of that list. They are dental devices that are hard and tooth-like. They can be made of porcelain, ceramic, or metal material, though porcelain is the preferred option for many reasons. With a crown fitted over a troubled or compromised tooth, you can expect it to be protected for at least another five years or more.
When Is a Crown Needed?
You may take good care of your teeth, but there may be instances where one or more become weak, injured, or damaged in some way. Some patients experience tooth decay that necessitates a root canal. In other cases, a gap between the teeth may be causing your smile to lose its overall stability.
Your Crown Appointment
You’ll find out at your next dental exam if you could benefit from a dental crown. Once determined, your Lancaster dentist will make adjustments to the tooth so that it will be prepared for the crown to be bonded over the surface. Using a dental impression, your dentist will have a custom crown formed to be just right for your smile, filling in any spaces, improving color, and providing much-needed strength.
Schedule Your Visit with a General Dentist
Call (661) 726-1010 today to schedule a sit down with Dr. Vladimir Dontsov or Dr. Anuj Patel, your general dentists at Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA.
Are you in need of a root canal? Root canal therapy is a treatment to repair and save teeth that are badly damaged or infected. Millions of teeth are saved every year with root canal treatment. Led by general dentists, Dr. Vladimir Dontsov and Dr. Anuj Patel, Dentist 4 Uninsured (located in Lancaster, CA) offers full-service, state-of-the-art dental care to the patients they serve. Here are 5 signs you may need a root canal.
1. You have a toothache.
Tooth pain can be a sign of an infected tooth in need of a root canal. If you need a root canal, you may feel severe pain upon application of pressure or chewing. Some patients fear root canals because they assume they're painful. The discomfort experienced in the time leading up to seeking treatment is painful, not the procedure itself.
2. Your gums are swollen.
Gum swelling around the tooth may be a sign that you need root canal treatment. Inflammation is frequently associated with infection, although it does not always mean an infection is present. The swelling can range from being very mild to quite pronounced. Sometimes, the lymph glands in the neck will also become swollen in response to the infection.
3. Cold and hot bother you.
Sensitivity to cold and hot temperatures can be a sign that root canal therapy is needed. Tooth sensitivity causes pain when the tooth is exposed to cold and hot temperatures through foods and beverages. After your root canal procedure, you will no longer have a temperature-sensitive tooth, because the pulp has been removed.
4. You have a darkened tooth.
One darkened tooth may be a sign that you need root canal therapy. When the roots of the tooth have died, the tooth may turn brown, gray, dark yellow, or black. Tooth discoloration is also related to severe tooth decay or trauma, so seeing your general dentist for a dental checkup is recommended.
5. You have a bump on your gum.
A pimple-like bump near the tooth may be a sign that you need a root canal. This bump may disappear and then come back. This bump on the gum is usually a buildup of pus, which is associated with infection. Your general dentist in Lancaster can treat this by performing a root canal.
The best way to find out if you need a root canal is to consult with one of our world-class dentists. Don't delay- call Dentist 4 Uninsured at (661) 726-1010 right now to schedule a dental consultation in Lancaster, CA. A healthy smile and happier you are well on their way!
Do you need to visit your dentist in Lancaster, CA?
Periodontal gum disease is an advanced gum disease that threatens a patient’s dental and oral health. The bacteria infects bone tissue, eventually separating teeth from gums. If not caught and treated, your risk tooth loss and infections.
Symptoms of Periodontal Disease
- Bleeding gums
- Bad breath
- Redness or swelling of the gums
- Receding gums
- Periodontal abscess
- Loose teeth
- You need your Lancaster dentist for an evaluation of your oral hygiene
- Your dentist will clean your teeth to remove plaque calcified deposits on root surfaces by a process called scaling, root planing or debridement.
- Antimicrobial products or antibiotics are locally applied to assist in healing and reduce deep pockets.
Surgical procedures may be necessary if the deep pockets between inflamed gum tissue and teeth don't heal.
More About Periodontal Gum Disease
Periodontal disease starts in your mouth but can cause systemic problems, such as cardio-vascular disease, diabetes, and pre-term births. Other conditions include:
- Moderate to severe periodontal disease increases systemic inflammation
- Bacteria found in periodontal pockets have been found in blood vessel plaques of patients suffering from Cardio-vascular disease.
Here's how to prevent periodontal disease:
- Get an oral examination at your Lancaster dentist's office every six months.
- Maintain a healthy oral regimen by brushing your teeth twice a day and floss daily before going to bed.
- Drink plenty of water to remove food debris.
- Avoid eating sugary foods, like soda.
- Opt for healthier foods, like apples.
- Visit your doctor for a bi-annual checkup and professional cleanings
- Get dental radiographs, x-rays pictures, as part of your periodontal disease checkup.
- Avoid eating out of stress and quit smoking.
Do you think you have periodontal gum disease? If you would like to speak with your Dentist 4 Uninsured dentist in Lancaster, CA, just their office at (661) 726-1010 today!
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.