Do you need to visit your dentist in Lancaster, CA?
Periodontal gum disease is an advanced gum disease that threatens a patient’s dental and oral health. The bacteria infects bone tissue, eventually separating teeth from gums. If not caught and treated, your risk tooth loss and infections.
Symptoms of Periodontal Disease
- Bleeding gums
- Bad breath
- Redness or swelling of the gums
- Receding gums
- Periodontal abscess
- Loose teeth
- You need your Lancaster dentist for an evaluation of your oral hygiene
- Your dentist will clean your teeth to remove plaque calcified deposits on root surfaces by a process called scaling, root planing or debridement.
- Antimicrobial products or antibiotics are locally applied to assist in healing and reduce deep pockets.
Surgical procedures may be necessary if the deep pockets between inflamed gum tissue and teeth don't heal.
More About Periodontal Gum Disease
Periodontal disease starts in your mouth but can cause systemic problems, such as cardio-vascular disease, diabetes, and pre-term births. Other conditions include:
- Moderate to severe periodontal disease increases systemic inflammation
- Bacteria found in periodontal pockets have been found in blood vessel plaques of patients suffering from Cardio-vascular disease.
Here's how to prevent periodontal disease:
- Get an oral examination at your Lancaster dentist's office every six months.
- Maintain a healthy oral regimen by brushing your teeth twice a day and floss daily before going to bed.
- Drink plenty of water to remove food debris.
- Avoid eating sugary foods, like soda.
- Opt for healthier foods, like apples.
- Visit your doctor for a bi-annual checkup and professional cleanings
- Get dental radiographs, x-rays pictures, as part of your periodontal disease checkup.
- Avoid eating out of stress and quit smoking.
Do you think you have periodontal gum disease? If you would like to speak with your Dentist 4 Uninsured dentist in Lancaster, CA, just their office at (661) 726-1010 today!
Want to improve your smile’s appearance? Getting cosmetic dentistry could help.
Don’t you want a smile that makes you feel confident? If so, then you’ve come to the right place. Dr. Vladimir Dontsov and Dr. Anuj Patel at Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA, have been helping countless patients achieve the ideal smile with help from these popular cosmetic dentistry services,
- Dental bonding
- Tooth and gum reshaping
- Teeth whitening
- Porcelain veneers
- Dental implants
- Smile makeovers
How do you know which cosmetic treatment is right for you? Well, first of all, you’ll need to sit down with our Lancaster, CA, dentist to discuss your specific needs and goals. Let us know what you wish to change about your smile and we can talk to you about the different options available. For example:
Do you have only minor flaws like a chipped or discolored tooth or a small gap between your front teeth? If so, dental bonding may be able to give you the results you want. This is the most economical and non-invasive cosmetic treatment. It involves applying a moldable tooth-colored material over these imperfections to hide them. Once the resin is shaped, we will harden it to your tooth with a laser.
Want to say goodbye to dental stains caused by coffee, red wine, tea, or certain foods? Have you noticed that your teeth have started to dull over the years due to aging? If so, teeth whitening can get your smile up to several shades whiter in just a single session. In-office whitening uses an extremely concentrated gel that can remove deep-set stains and actually visibly brighten the color of your teeth.
Dealing with one extremely pointed tooth? Embarrassed by your “gummy” smile? We can perform reshaping techniques both on your teeth and gums to easily improve the symmetry and shape. We can painlessly shave off trace amounts of enamel to smooth down a sharp or uneven tooth. We can also remove excess gum tissue to expose more of your teeth for an even smile.
Want to have a smile that’s as perfect as the actors’ smiles you see on TV and in the movies? Whether you want to enhance the shape, size, or color of your smile, dental veneers can be bonded to the front surface of your teeth to give you a completely brand new smile in just 2-3 visits. We first shave off a very small amount of enamel to make room for your veneers. Veneers are custom-made to cover your teeth and become the new outer surface. It can give you a straighter smile without having to turn to braces.
Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA, wants to make sure that everyone is able to afford the dental care they need for healthier, happier smiles. Whether you want to find out more about the cosmetic services we offer or you want to schedule a routine cleaning, call (661) 726-1010 to schedule your next appointment with Dr. Dontsov or Dr. Patel!
When was the last time you visited our Lancaster, CA dentists Dr. Vladimir Dontsov and Dr. Anuj Patel for a routine checkup? If you aren’t coming in twice a year for preventive dentistry then you probably won’t know whether or not your gums are healthy. Gum disease affects as many as 50 percent of American adults over 30 and even children can develop gum disease. Gum disease doesn’t just affect the health of your gums; it is also the leading cause of tooth loss.
Gum Disease is a “Silent Killer”
Unfortunately, you may have gum disease and not even know it (this is why these routine visits every six months are crucial for patients of all ages). We know that sounds scary, but it’s also important to know that as long as you continue to come in for preventive care we can catch gum disease during its earliest stages when it can either be reversed or easily treated.
Of course, sometimes gum disease can present with symptoms and it’s important to understand what symptoms warrant a trip to see our Lancaster, CA, general dentists. These symptoms of gum disease include:
- Bleeding gums, particularly when brushing or flossing
- Red, swollen or tender gums
- Receding gums (teeth will appear longer than usual)
- Persistent bad breath
- Loose teeth
Usually, by the time many of these symptoms appear gum disease is rather advanced. At the first signs of puffy, red or bleeding gums, it’s a good idea to call our dentist and find out whether you should come in for an evaluation.
Treating Gum Disease
You’ll be happy to hear that we can improve the health of your gums while also preventing tooth loss and other complications if you come in right away for treatment.
The earliest stage of gum disease is known as gingivitis, which can be reversed by providing you with the proper antibacterial toothpaste and mouthwash, as well as making sure you are maintaining good oral hygiene (brushing and flossing properly). You will also come in for more regular dental cleanings to remove plaque and tartar buildup.
The most effective treatment option for managing gum disease is root and scaling planing. Simply put, this is a professional deep cleaning performed by our dentist. During this deep cleaning, we will remove plaque and tartar not just from the teeth and gums but also under the gums and the tooth roots, as well.
Those dealing with advanced stages of gum disease may require surgery in order to remove the bacteria and to repair damaged bone. If you’ve had extensive gum recession or bone loss then bone grafting or gum grafts may be required.
As our name suggests, Dentist 4 Uninsured is dedicated to providing quality and affordable dental care to families living in Lancaster, CA. Everyone deserves proper dental care, regardless of finances. If you are experiencing symptoms of gum disease the sooner you seek care the better. Call our office today.
Are your teeth causing you pain?
Most people are afraid of root canal treatments because of rumors of pain and agony, but that is just a myth. Your Lancaster, CA, general dentists, Drs. Vladimir Dontsov and Anuj Patel, can help, especially when it comes to getting rid of a toothache.
Root Canal Treatment:
If your toothache develops an infection or becomes inflamed in the pulp of the tooth, a tissue consisting of blood vessels, connective tissue, and nerve cells, a root canal may be necessary. Sometimes the pain you feel can go away on its own, but a root canal may be necessary if that doesn't happen.
Causes of Toothache
There are several reasons why your tooth may have been infected.
- Poor oral, or dental, regimen, lead to the formation of cavities, which are a result of eating sugary foods.
- When you don't brush or floss, the result is the accumulation of plaque, which contains an acid-producing bacteria that breaks down the enamel, the protective layer covering your teeth. This exposes the sensitive layers of the tooth and allows the bacteria to infect the pulp unless the cavity is dealt with immediately.
- It's also possible to need a root canal because of dental procedures, such as getting a dental crown. The treatment may damage your dental pulp, which will lead to you needing a root canal from your Lancaster general dentist.
- An unhealthy oral regimen isn't the only thing that can cause your enamel to break and expose the pulp. Cracks and chips can also help bacteria infiltrate the enamel and infect the pulp. Trauma to your teeth may be due to several things, such as playing a sport and sustaining an injury or even a car accident.
Root canal therapy alleviates toothaches. For more information or to schedule an appointment for a root canal, or another treatment, call your Lancaster, CA, general dentists, Drs. Vladimir Dontsov and Anuj Patel, at (661) 726-1010.
Cosmetic dentistry is a powerful tool to restore or improve your smile’s appearance and functionality. Understanding the cosmetic options provided by your dentist can help you make an informed decision regarding which treatments are best for you. Learn more about your cosmetic dentistry options and how they can benefit you with Dr. Vladimir Dontsov and Dr. Anuj Patel at Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA.
Common Cosmetic Dentistry Choices in Lancaster, CA
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are a tooth replacement option which replaces both the tooth and its root. Your dentist performs a surgical placement of the implant itself into the bone under your missing tooth and places a dental crown over the implant to replace the tooth.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers cover the surface of a tooth to breathe new life into its appearance. These super-thin, shell-like restorations allow you to choose exactly how you would like your teeth to look and can change the length, width, color, shape, or size of each individual tooth.
- Professional Teeth Whitening: Though over-the-counter whitening kits do provide some results, professional whitening sessions pack a big punch. In just an hour, a whitening session with your dentist can dramatically lift the color of your teeth to provide big results in a short amount of time.
- Dental Crowns: Dental crowns cover a tooth to protect it against everyday use and, in some cases, improve its appearance. A dental crown is made from porcelain and looks and functions like a real tooth.
- Bonding: Dental bonding allows your dentist to give your tooth a new shape using composite resin materials molded directly onto the tooth itself. After applying an etching solution, your dentist simply molds the bonding materials into the desired shape. Bonding is most often used to treat chipped teeth, but can also treat other issues like slight gaps or even misalignments or overcrowding.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry options provided by your dentist, please contact Dr. Dontsov and Dr. Patel at Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA. Call (661) 726-1010 to schedule your consultation for a cosmetic dentistry procedure today!
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.