Posts for category: Uncategorized
A cracked tooth is one of the most common dental emergencies, occurring from falls, accidents, or wear and tear. It can range from minor chips to a large portion of teeth breaking. Even though small chips can wait, major cracks with bleeding and pain need immediate attention. A crack requires emergency dental care so that there is no permanent damage to the tooth. Dr. Vladimir Dontsov of Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA, handles all dental emergencies, including cracked teeth.
Before Visiting The Emergency Dentist
When a dental emergency occurs, patients are confused about how to manage it. Your emergency dentist, advises you to do a few things at home if you crack a tooth. You should rinse the mouth with warm water, use over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medications to ease the pain, and apply pressure if there is any bleeding. You can use ice packs to reduce swelling. Make sure to preserve the broken piece of tooth and bring it to the dental office. If you notice cracks, bleeding, swelling, or discoloration of teeth after a fall you should seek dental care immediately.
What Will Your Emergency Dentist Do?
It is very important to treat a cracked tooth as it will not heal on its own. A crack in the teeth can cause pain and if left untreated, it causes oral infections. The emergency dentist will reattach the broken piece of the tooth if available or bond a tooth-colored filling to the broken tooth. If the tooth is badly broken with the crack reaching the nerves, a simple filling may not do the job. The dentist will perform root canal treatment and cover it with a crown.
Timely treatment of cracked teeth is essential to ensure the proper function and appearance of your teeth. Contact the office of your emergency dentist, Dr. Vladimir Dontsov of Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA, by calling (661) 726-1010 today.
When was the last time you saw your dentist for a checkup?
Life gets busy. We get it! But it should never get so busy that you forget to see your dentist. It is time for you to turn to Dr. Vladimir Dontsov of Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA, for your routine teeth cleaning. After all, these six-month checkups are truly the best way to keep your smile healthy.
What happens during a dental cleaning?
When you come into the office for your six-month checkup here’s what to expect:
- A thorough professional cleaning using specialized tools that will fully remove plaque and tartar buildup, while also removing surface stains
- A comprehensive oral examination to make sure that your teeth look healthy and that there aren’t any issues
- An oral cancer screening to evaluate the soft tissue of the mouth to look for lesions, patches, and other warning signs of oral cancer
- Once a year we will perform X-rays to get a more in-depth look at the health of your entire mouth including the face and jaw (it can also detect decay between teeth)
- We will provide recommendations as necessary. If you grind your teeth at night we may recommend creating a custom nightguard that you’ll wear to protect your teeth while you sleep
How often do I need a dental cleaning?
Most people need to see the dentist twice a year. Smokers, those with active oral health diseases, and pregnant or menopausal women may be more at risk for developing dental issues and may want to come in every 3-4 months for cleanings and checkups.
If it’s been more than six months since your last routine cleaning, then it’s time to turn to Dr. Vladimir Dontsov of Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA. To schedule your next visit, call 661-726-1010.