Posts for tag: Tooth Pain
Discover why you should never ignore a toothache.
We know that the thought of having to schedule a dental appointment may not be a thrilling or happy moment, especially if you are dealing with tooth pain, but it is incredibly important that any toothache is examined by our Lancaster, CA, emergency dentists Dr. Vladimir Dontsov and Dr. Anuj Patel as soon as possible.
What is causing my toothache?
It will be impossible to tell what’s causing your pain until our Lancaster, CA, dentist can examine your tooth. But this is a considered an emergency dental situation because your dental pain could be caused by,
- A cavity
- Gum disease
- Trauma to the tooth (e.g. a crack or fracture)
- Teeth grinding
- Impacted teeth (common in wisdom teeth)
- An abscessed or infected tooth
Why do I need to see a dentist?
A toothache is just a symptom. The purpose of your visit is for our emergency dentist to be able to determine what’s causing you pain so we can treat the underlying problem. As you can see from the list above, a lot of these problems will get worse without proper treatment, leading to serious complications including bone damage, gum deterioration, and tooth loss.
How can I ease the pain on my own?
While you will absolutely need to see a dentist in order to treat the cause of your pain, we also know that you may not be able to head into the office for a few hours. In the meantime, some ways to ease the pain on your own include,
- A cold compress to the side of the face
- An over-the-counter painkiller
- A topical oral anesthetic (you can buy these over the counter)
- Rinsing with saltwater (just add a pinch of salt to a glass of water, swish around and spit it out)
We believe that everyone should be able to get the dental care they need without having to worry about how to afford it. That’s why here at Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA, our emergency dentists provide a variety of ways to help patients afford everything from immediate dental care to routine checkups. If you’re dealing with a toothache, rest assured that we can help. Call us right away at (661) 726-1010.
Are your teeth causing you pain?
Most people are afraid of root canal treatments because of rumors of pain and agony, but that is just a myth. Your Lancaster, CA, general dentists, Drs. Vladimir Dontsov and Anuj Patel, can help, especially when it comes to getting rid of a toothache.
Root Canal Treatment:
If your toothache develops an infection or becomes inflamed in the pulp of the tooth, a tissue consisting of blood vessels, connective tissue, and nerve cells, a root canal may be necessary. Sometimes the pain you feel can go away on its own, but a root canal may be necessary if that doesn't happen.
Causes of Toothache
There are several reasons why your tooth may have been infected.
- Poor oral, or dental, regimen, lead to the formation of cavities, which are a result of eating sugary foods.
- When you don't brush or floss, the result is the accumulation of plaque, which contains an acid-producing bacteria that breaks down the enamel, the protective layer covering your teeth. This exposes the sensitive layers of the tooth and allows the bacteria to infect the pulp unless the cavity is dealt with immediately.
- It's also possible to need a root canal because of dental procedures, such as getting a dental crown. The treatment may damage your dental pulp, which will lead to you needing a root canal from your Lancaster general dentist.
- An unhealthy oral regimen isn't the only thing that can cause your enamel to break and expose the pulp. Cracks and chips can also help bacteria infiltrate the enamel and infect the pulp. Trauma to your teeth may be due to several things, such as playing a sport and sustaining an injury or even a car accident.
Root canal therapy alleviates toothaches. For more information or to schedule an appointment for a root canal, or another treatment, call your Lancaster, CA, general dentists, Drs. Vladimir Dontsov and Anuj Patel, at (661) 726-1010.