Posts for tag: Fillings
Stop decay with modern fillings from Dentist4Uninsured in Lancaster, CA. Placed by your general dentists, Dr. Vladimir Dontsov and Dr. Anuj Patel, tooth-colored restorations reinforce and beautify tooth enamel seamlessly. Learn about their benefits here.
The problem of tooth decay
It's a leading cause of tooth loss in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). While cavities are on the decline due to the availability and effectiveness of preventive dentistry, decay still happens due to:
- Sugary diets
- Tobacco usage--both cigarettes and smokeless tobacco
- Poor oral hygiene practices at home, leading to plaque and tartar and their associated Strep germs
- Neglecting to get prophylactic care with your general dentist in Lancaster
- Persistent dry mouth
- Congenitally weak enamel
- Worn tooth surfaces due to age, teeth clenching or acid erosion from dietary choices such as orange juice, soda and tomato-based sauces
To solve this problem, our professional team at Dentist4Uninsured recommends twice-daily brushing with fluoride toothpaste, anti-plaque mouth rinses, daily flossing, a tooth-friendly diet and semi-annual check-ups in the office. Preventive care will detect dental issues when they are easier to fix and prevent gum disease and decay from starting in the first place.
The benefits of tooth-colored fillings
Composite resin is the material of choice for most instances of tooth decay. Here are its advantages:
- Natural color, sheen and texture. Composite resin matches your tooth color and bonds to it without any obvious margins or seams.
- Less enamel reduction. Composite resin is layered into the prepared site. Because it directly bonds to your tooth, your general dentist removes far less enamel than with amalgam restorations.
- Flexibility and durability. Your tooth-colored filling flexes as you bite and chew just as natural enamel does. So, the intense forces exerted by the normal oral functions are evenly distributed through the tooth, reducing stress, strain and the chances of cracking.
- Longevity. Your filling should last for years if you brush, floss and avoid hard or sticky foods such as caramels, nuts, popcorn and ice.
A strong, attractive smile for life
Achieve it with tooth-colored fillings. We know you'll look great and enjoy the many benefits of these durable restorations offer. Phone Dentist4Uninsured right away if you have a problem tooth or to schedule your routine cleaning and exam. Dr. Patel or Dr. Dontsov look forward to taking care of you and yours. Call us at (661) 726-1010.