Posts for category: Dental Procedures
Your smile is the gateway to your personality. You take great care to brush and floss regularly to keep the food particles away from the enamel, so decay does not set in. But every once in a while, something is missed, and the road to a cavity begins. Your dentist will remove the cavity and put a filling in its place. But even then, a filling can come loose and cause a dental emergency in Lancaster, CA. Dr. Vladimir Dontsov and Dr. Anuj Patel at Dentist 4 Uninsured has some things that you can do when the filling becomes loose.
What Happens When Your Filling is Loose
The filling is the only thing that stands between the pain of the exposure and the inside of your tooth. When outside elements come into contact with the inner side of the tooth, extreme pain can result.
- There are a lot of things that you can do when your filling is loose. But the first thing you can do is call your dentist. You will want to tell them that there is a dental emergency in Lancaster, CA, and get set up to have the filling put back in.
- There will be a lot of pain associated with the filling, so you may want to use an ice pack and take some painkillers. Pain management should be a priority until you have the chance to see your dentist.
- Your dentist will remove the filling and clean up the area. All bacteria will be removed and any foreign particles removed. Once the area is ready, a new filling will be put in place.
- You may also have a follow-up appointment to ensure the new filling has adhered to the area. The last thing you want to have happened is for the new filling to fail.
A dental emergency in Lancaster, CA, does not have to be life-changing. If you have any questions, we encourage you to call us at Dentist 4 Uninsured at (661) 726-1010. Dr. Dontsov and Dr. Patel can answer all of your questions and help you with the loose filling.
If you have a dental emergency in Lancaster, CA, don't hesitate to contact Dentist 4 Uninsured. Dr. Vladimir Dontsov and Dr. Anuj Patel are two dentists that will provide excellent care for your emergency dental problems.
What Is A Dental Emergency?
A dental emergency can happen if you have an accident that affects your mouth or your teeth. Trauma to your mouth may result in the loss of a permanent tooth, profuse bleeding, or extreme tooth pain. You may have an abscess or an infection on your gums that needs to be tended to immediately. Sometimes issues can happen relating to orthodontic equipment as well.
What Should I Do If I Have a Dental Emergency?
If you live in Lancaster, CA, with a dental emergency such as a knocked-out permanent tooth, try picking the tooth up without touching the root. Put the tooth back in the socket after you clean it off with water. Use gentle pressure to hold the tooth in place as you come to our office or go to an emergency room. You can also use a container of cold milk to store the knocked-out tooth.
It may be possible for us to reattach a chipped tooth if you can find the pieces that have come off. Try to come to our office within 6 hours of a traumatic injury. Please visit our office immediately if you have persistent tooth pain. Such chronic pain in the same area may be an indicator of an infection.
In the event of injury to your gum tissue, please rinse the area with diluted salt water immediately. Take something clean and damp and press it against bleeding gums for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Go to the emergency room if gum bleeding does not stop.
Please call our office for advice if your orthodontic equipment has broken or become loose. A dental emergency in Lancaster, CA, may cause fear and anxiety for a patient. However, try to remain calm and think quickly. Don't hesitate to contact Dentist 4 Uninsured at (661) 726-1010. Dr. Dontsov and Dr. Patel can be trusted to professionally handle any traumatic issues related to your oral area.
With age, there’s a good chance that your teeth will begin to show signs of yellowing and staining. Your once bright, sparkling smile may begin to dull and fade. With the help of your dentists at Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA, you can learn about professional teeth whitening and how it can brighten up your smile!
Make Your Smile Sparkle!
You may have used over-the-counter whitening strips before, but they do not give you the results that you’d like after one use. Professional teeth whitening from your dentist in Lancaster, CA, uses a powerful formula that is offered in-office and will give you noticeable results after just one session.
Your dentist will cover your teeth with a powerful whitening gel. You’ll sit with a retractor in your mouth to keep your lips away from your teeth and the gel on your teeth for one hour before your dentist rinses it off. Whitening in-office will give you more noticeable results instantly and is a very safe procedure, with your dentist being able to protect your sensitive gums.
Your dentist also offers a take-home kit that is just as effective but will take more than one session for you to notice the results that you’ve been wanting. You’ll have a custom mold of your teeth created for the mouth trays that your dentist will provide you with. You’ll fill each tray with a whitening gel and place them over the top and bottom teeth while you sit for one hour at a time.
Contact Your Dentist Today!
Give yourself the white smile that you’ve always wanted! Contact your dentists at Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA, to learn more about teeth whitening and which option would be best for you! Call today at (661) 726-1010.
Give yourself a smile you love with cosmetic dentistry. A variety of treatments and procedures are available for improving the appearance of teeth with cosmetic concerns, such as chipped areas, cracks, or stains. Dr. Vladimir Dontsov and Dr. Anuj Patel, the skilled dentists at Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA can recommend specific cosmetic dentistry procedures to help you achieve the smile you desire.
How Cosmetic Dentistry Can Help
Cosmetic dentistry can help your smile in several ways. Many cosmetic issues can be corrected with the right cosmetic dentistry procedure or treatment. Some examples of how cosmetic dentistry can improve your smile include:
- Repairing chipped or cracked teeth
- Closing small gaps between teeth
- Improving the appearance of crooked teeth
- Whitening teeth that are stained or discolored
- Brightening teeth that have become dull with age
- Giving oddly shaped teeth a more pleasing appearance
- Improving spacing between crowded or overlapping teeth
- Minimizing the appearance of a gummy smile
Cosmetic Dentistry Services
A wide range of cosmetic dentistry services at our office in Lancaster. One of our knowledgeable dentists can recommend treatments or procedures to address your specific smile concerns. Some of our cosmetic dentistry services include:
- Teeth Whitening — In-office and take-home teeth whitening kits are both available to help you achieve a whiter smile and eliminate stains on teeth. In-office whitening is the fastest way to achieve a significantly whiter smile, but take-home whitening still delivers professional results in just a few weeks and can be done in your own home when you have time.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings — This type of dental filling is used to treat teeth with cavities, but as the advantage of blending in with the natural tooth so your fillings will be unnoticeable. Additionally, tooth-colored fillings are made of a composite material that bonds with the tooth so fewer undercuts are needed to secure the filling and more of the natural tooth is left in tact.
- Cosmetic Tooth Bonding — This procedure is used to repair chips and cracks in teeth. A tooth-colored resin material is applied to the chipped or cracked area and permanently bonds with the tooth as it dries. Cosmetic bonding can also be used to eliminate small gaps between teeth by filling in the excess space.
- Tooth Contouring & Reshaping — This procedure is used to give oddly shaped teeth a more pleasing appearance or shape. A drill is used to sculpt teeth by gently removing small portions of enamel until the tooth takes on the desired shape. Contouring and reshaping can also be used to shave down teeth that are overlapping or are crowded together.
Cosmetic dentistry can give you a smile you love. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Dontsov or Dr. Patel to discuss your cosmetic dentistry options by calling Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA at (661) 726-1010.
An effective oral hygiene routine is the best defense against all sorts of oral health issues. This is followed by regular preventive general dentistry treatments with your dentist in Lancaster, CA, Dr. Vladimir Dontsov, or Dr. Anuj Patel here at Dentist 4 Uninsured, every six months. Besides safeguarding your mouth from gum disease, tooth decay, and other dental problems, routine visits to your dentist for preventive care procedures also offer the following benefits:
A More Beautiful and Brilliant Smile
Surface stains and yellowish are, unfortunately, a natural part of aging. Other factors that could stain your teeth over time include smoking tobacco products, consuming teeth-staining drinks, and certain medicines or health conditions. Thankfully, professional cleanings during your routine dental visits could aid in eliminating teeth stains, as well as tartar and plaque. After each visit, you will leave your dentist’s office with a brighter and rejuvenated smile.
Early Detection of Oral Cancer
During your routine preventive general dentistry checkups, your dentist in Lancaster, CA, will inspect your mouth to check for any potential oral cancer warning signs. Take note that oral cancer is very hard to detect since many of its symptoms do not manifest until it has reached stage II. Fortunately, routine oral examination help make certain that you receive the care you deserve to prevent or detect oral cancer as early as possible when it’s easier to treat, and before it can spread.
Makes Organizing Your Schedule So Much Easier
We’re fully aware that some people find it tough to organize their schedule and squeeze in a dentist appointment, especially if you’re juggling your family, personal, and work life. But visiting your dentist for regular checkups and cleanings could actually make organizing your busy schedule easier.
Otherwise, you may end up having to undergo multiple and more complex dental treatments to address full-blown oral health issues, which means that you will also have to take more time off from your busy schedule.
Saves You More Money and Time
Compared to restorative dentistry procedures, preventive dental care is more pocket-friendly. Restorative dental treatments will usually require multiple visits to your dentist and follow-ups, meaning that you will surely end up spending more money and time than you would with routine preventive dental care treatments. Simply put, routine preventive care visits are crucial if you’re serious about avoiding all kinds of oral health problems and more costly treatments.
Contact Us To Learn More About Our Preventive General Dentistry Procedures
Schedule a consultation at Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA by calling (661) 726-1010.