Posts for category: Dental Procedures
Give yourself a smile you love with cosmetic dentistry. A variety of treatments and procedures are available for improving the appearance of teeth with cosmetic concerns, such as chipped areas, cracks, or stains. Dr. Vladimir Dontsov and Dr. Anuj Patel, the skilled dentists at Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA can recommend specific cosmetic dentistry procedures to help you achieve the smile you desire.
How Cosmetic Dentistry Can Help
Cosmetic dentistry can help your smile in several ways. Many cosmetic issues can be corrected with the right cosmetic dentistry procedure or treatment. Some examples of how cosmetic dentistry can improve your smile include:
- Repairing chipped or cracked teeth
- Closing small gaps between teeth
- Improving the appearance of crooked teeth
- Whitening teeth that are stained or discolored
- Brightening teeth that have become dull with age
- Giving oddly shaped teeth a more pleasing appearance
- Improving spacing between crowded or overlapping teeth
- Minimizing the appearance of a gummy smile
Cosmetic Dentistry Services
A wide range of cosmetic dentistry services at our office in Lancaster. One of our knowledgeable dentists can recommend treatments or procedures to address your specific smile concerns. Some of our cosmetic dentistry services include:
- Teeth Whitening — In-office and take-home teeth whitening kits are both available to help you achieve a whiter smile and eliminate stains on teeth. In-office whitening is the fastest way to achieve a significantly whiter smile, but take-home whitening still delivers professional results in just a few weeks and can be done in your own home when you have time.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings — This type of dental filling is used to treat teeth with cavities, but as the advantage of blending in with the natural tooth so your fillings will be unnoticeable. Additionally, tooth-colored fillings are made of a composite material that bonds with the tooth so fewer undercuts are needed to secure the filling and more of the natural tooth is left in tact.
- Cosmetic Tooth Bonding — This procedure is used to repair chips and cracks in teeth. A tooth-colored resin material is applied to the chipped or cracked area and permanently bonds with the tooth as it dries. Cosmetic bonding can also be used to eliminate small gaps between teeth by filling in the excess space.
- Tooth Contouring & Reshaping — This procedure is used to give oddly shaped teeth a more pleasing appearance or shape. A drill is used to sculpt teeth by gently removing small portions of enamel until the tooth takes on the desired shape. Contouring and reshaping can also be used to shave down teeth that are overlapping or are crowded together.
Cosmetic dentistry can give you a smile you love. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Dontsov or Dr. Patel to discuss your cosmetic dentistry options by calling Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA at (661) 726-1010.
An effective oral hygiene routine is the best defense against all sorts of oral health issues. This is followed by regular preventive general dentistry treatments with your dentist in Lancaster, CA, Dr. Vladimir Dontsov, or Dr. Anuj Patel here at Dentist 4 Uninsured, every six months. Besides safeguarding your mouth from gum disease, tooth decay, and other dental problems, routine visits to your dentist for preventive care procedures also offer the following benefits:
A More Beautiful and Brilliant Smile
Surface stains and yellowish are, unfortunately, a natural part of aging. Other factors that could stain your teeth over time include smoking tobacco products, consuming teeth-staining drinks, and certain medicines or health conditions. Thankfully, professional cleanings during your routine dental visits could aid in eliminating teeth stains, as well as tartar and plaque. After each visit, you will leave your dentist’s office with a brighter and rejuvenated smile.
Early Detection of Oral Cancer
During your routine preventive general dentistry checkups, your dentist in Lancaster, CA, will inspect your mouth to check for any potential oral cancer warning signs. Take note that oral cancer is very hard to detect since many of its symptoms do not manifest until it has reached stage II. Fortunately, routine oral examination help make certain that you receive the care you deserve to prevent or detect oral cancer as early as possible when it’s easier to treat, and before it can spread.
Makes Organizing Your Schedule So Much Easier
We’re fully aware that some people find it tough to organize their schedule and squeeze in a dentist appointment, especially if you’re juggling your family, personal, and work life. But visiting your dentist for regular checkups and cleanings could actually make organizing your busy schedule easier.
Otherwise, you may end up having to undergo multiple and more complex dental treatments to address full-blown oral health issues, which means that you will also have to take more time off from your busy schedule.
Saves You More Money and Time
Compared to restorative dentistry procedures, preventive dental care is more pocket-friendly. Restorative dental treatments will usually require multiple visits to your dentist and follow-ups, meaning that you will surely end up spending more money and time than you would with routine preventive dental care treatments. Simply put, routine preventive care visits are crucial if you’re serious about avoiding all kinds of oral health problems and more costly treatments.
Contact Us To Learn More About Our Preventive General Dentistry Procedures
Schedule a consultation at Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA by calling (661) 726-1010.
Are you in need of a root canal? Root canal therapy is a treatment to repair and save teeth that are badly damaged or infected. Millions of teeth are saved every year with root canal treatment. Led by general dentists, Dr. Vladimir Dontsov and Dr. Anuj Patel, Dentist 4 Uninsured (located in Lancaster, CA) offers full-service, state-of-the-art dental care to the patients they serve. Here are 5 signs you may need a root canal.
1. You have a toothache.
Tooth pain can be a sign of an infected tooth in need of a root canal. If you need a root canal, you may feel severe pain upon application of pressure or chewing. Some patients fear root canals because they assume they're painful. The discomfort experienced in the time leading up to seeking treatment is painful, not the procedure itself.
2. Your gums are swollen.
Gum swelling around the tooth may be a sign that you need root canal treatment. Inflammation is frequently associated with infection, although it does not always mean an infection is present. The swelling can range from being very mild to quite pronounced. Sometimes, the lymph glands in the neck will also become swollen in response to the infection.
3. Cold and hot bother you.
Sensitivity to cold and hot temperatures can be a sign that root canal therapy is needed. Tooth sensitivity causes pain when the tooth is exposed to cold and hot temperatures through foods and beverages. After your root canal procedure, you will no longer have a temperature-sensitive tooth, because the pulp has been removed.
4. You have a darkened tooth.
One darkened tooth may be a sign that you need root canal therapy. When the roots of the tooth have died, the tooth may turn brown, gray, dark yellow, or black. Tooth discoloration is also related to severe tooth decay or trauma, so seeing your general dentist for a dental checkup is recommended.
5. You have a bump on your gum.
A pimple-like bump near the tooth may be a sign that you need a root canal. This bump may disappear and then come back. This bump on the gum is usually a buildup of pus, which is associated with infection. Your general dentist in Lancaster can treat this by performing a root canal.
The best way to find out if you need a root canal is to consult with one of our world-class dentists. Don't delay- call Dentist 4 Uninsured at (661) 726-1010 right now to schedule a dental consultation in Lancaster, CA. A healthy smile and happier you are well on their way!
Want to improve your smile’s appearance? Getting cosmetic dentistry could help.
Don’t you want a smile that makes you feel confident? If so, then you’ve come to the right place. Dr. Vladimir Dontsov and Dr. Anuj Patel at Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA, have been helping countless patients achieve the ideal smile with help from these popular cosmetic dentistry services,
- Dental bonding
- Tooth and gum reshaping
- Teeth whitening
- Porcelain veneers
- Dental implants
- Smile makeovers
How do you know which cosmetic treatment is right for you? Well, first of all, you’ll need to sit down with our Lancaster, CA, dentist to discuss your specific needs and goals. Let us know what you wish to change about your smile and we can talk to you about the different options available. For example:
Do you have only minor flaws like a chipped or discolored tooth or a small gap between your front teeth? If so, dental bonding may be able to give you the results you want. This is the most economical and non-invasive cosmetic treatment. It involves applying a moldable tooth-colored material over these imperfections to hide them. Once the resin is shaped, we will harden it to your tooth with a laser.
Want to say goodbye to dental stains caused by coffee, red wine, tea, or certain foods? Have you noticed that your teeth have started to dull over the years due to aging? If so, teeth whitening can get your smile up to several shades whiter in just a single session. In-office whitening uses an extremely concentrated gel that can remove deep-set stains and actually visibly brighten the color of your teeth.
Dealing with one extremely pointed tooth? Embarrassed by your “gummy” smile? We can perform reshaping techniques both on your teeth and gums to easily improve the symmetry and shape. We can painlessly shave off trace amounts of enamel to smooth down a sharp or uneven tooth. We can also remove excess gum tissue to expose more of your teeth for an even smile.
Want to have a smile that’s as perfect as the actors’ smiles you see on TV and in the movies? Whether you want to enhance the shape, size, or color of your smile, dental veneers can be bonded to the front surface of your teeth to give you a completely brand new smile in just 2-3 visits. We first shave off a very small amount of enamel to make room for your veneers. Veneers are custom-made to cover your teeth and become the new outer surface. It can give you a straighter smile without having to turn to braces.
Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA, wants to make sure that everyone is able to afford the dental care they need for healthier, happier smiles. Whether you want to find out more about the cosmetic services we offer or you want to schedule a routine cleaning, call (661) 726-1010 to schedule your next appointment with Dr. Dontsov or Dr. Patel!
Are your teeth causing you pain?
Most people are afraid of root canal treatments because of rumors of pain and agony, but that is just a myth. Your Lancaster, CA, general dentists, Drs. Vladimir Dontsov and Anuj Patel, can help, especially when it comes to getting rid of a toothache.
Root Canal Treatment:
If your toothache develops an infection or becomes inflamed in the pulp of the tooth, a tissue consisting of blood vessels, connective tissue, and nerve cells, a root canal may be necessary. Sometimes the pain you feel can go away on its own, but a root canal may be necessary if that doesn't happen.
Causes of Toothache
There are several reasons why your tooth may have been infected.
- Poor oral, or dental, regimen, lead to the formation of cavities, which are a result of eating sugary foods.
- When you don't brush or floss, the result is the accumulation of plaque, which contains an acid-producing bacteria that breaks down the enamel, the protective layer covering your teeth. This exposes the sensitive layers of the tooth and allows the bacteria to infect the pulp unless the cavity is dealt with immediately.
- It's also possible to need a root canal because of dental procedures, such as getting a dental crown. The treatment may damage your dental pulp, which will lead to you needing a root canal from your Lancaster general dentist.
- An unhealthy oral regimen isn't the only thing that can cause your enamel to break and expose the pulp. Cracks and chips can also help bacteria infiltrate the enamel and infect the pulp. Trauma to your teeth may be due to several things, such as playing a sport and sustaining an injury or even a car accident.
Root canal therapy alleviates toothaches. For more information or to schedule an appointment for a root canal, or another treatment, call your Lancaster, CA, general dentists, Drs. Vladimir Dontsov and Anuj Patel, at (661) 726-1010.