Posts for category: Dental Conditions
Do you need to visit your dentist in Lancaster, CA?
Periodontal gum disease is an advanced gum disease that threatens a patient’s dental and oral health. The bacteria infects bone tissue, eventually separating teeth from gums. If not caught and treated, your risk tooth loss and infections.
Symptoms of Periodontal Disease
- Bleeding gums
- Bad breath
- Redness or swelling of the gums
- Receding gums
- Periodontal abscess
- Loose teeth
- You need your Lancaster dentist for an evaluation of your oral hygiene
- Your dentist will clean your teeth to remove plaque calcified deposits on root surfaces by a process called scaling, root planing or debridement.
- Antimicrobial products or antibiotics are locally applied to assist in healing and reduce deep pockets.
Surgical procedures may be necessary if the deep pockets between inflamed gum tissue and teeth don't heal.
More About Periodontal Gum Disease
Periodontal disease starts in your mouth but can cause systemic problems, such as cardio-vascular disease, diabetes, and pre-term births. Other conditions include:
- Moderate to severe periodontal disease increases systemic inflammation
- Bacteria found in periodontal pockets have been found in blood vessel plaques of patients suffering from Cardio-vascular disease.
Here's how to prevent periodontal disease:
- Get an oral examination at your Lancaster dentist's office every six months.
- Maintain a healthy oral regimen by brushing your teeth twice a day and floss daily before going to bed.
- Drink plenty of water to remove food debris.
- Avoid eating sugary foods, like soda.
- Opt for healthier foods, like apples.
- Visit your doctor for a bi-annual checkup and professional cleanings
- Get dental radiographs, x-rays pictures, as part of your periodontal disease checkup.
- Avoid eating out of stress and quit smoking.
Do you think you have periodontal gum disease? If you would like to speak with your Dentist 4 Uninsured dentist in Lancaster, CA, just their office at (661) 726-1010 today!