Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
Find out which teeth whitening treatment provides the longest-lasting results.
You are ready to get professional teeth whitening and you want to turn to our Lancaster, CA, general dentists Dr. Vladimir Dontsov and Dr. Anuj Patel rather than over-the-counter whitening. We’re so excited that you’re ready to take the next steps toward improving the appearance and health of your smile. Our patients often ask if professional teeth whitening is permanent. While whitening isn’t permanent here are some things you should know to get the best results out of your whitening treatment,
In-Office Whitening Offers the Most Effective and Longest Results
While no cosmetic treatment is permanent, it is our goal as your Lancaster, CA, cosmetic dentists to provide you with teeth whitening results that last as long as possible. Our in-office or chairside whitening system is incredibly powerful, taking less than one hour to remove most stains and giving you a smile that is several shades whiter. Our whitening gel can penetrate deep within the outer layers of your teeth to safely but effectively remove both external and even some internal stains.
There are Things You Can Do to Maintain Your Results
While you may not like the idea that your whiter smile won’t last forever, our patients need to know that they have some influence over how long their results last. This means that you can maintain results for up to two years with the proper care. How? Here’s what you can do to make sure your results last,
Maintain Good Oral Hygiene
Make sure that you step up your oral hygiene game after the whitening treatment. You should be brushing at least twice a day (for a minimum of two minutes each time) and flossing daily, but you may wish to brush your teeth after each meal or snack, or at the very least rinse your mouth out with a whitening rinse to remove food and plaque. Your oral hygiene is important for keeping teeth radiant after teeth whitening.
Avoid Certain Foods and Drinks
What you eat and drink daily can also contribute to stains. Any dark foods or beverages including coffee, tea, red wine, tomato sauce, and berries can all cause yellowing over time. It’s best to avoid these foods as much as possible if you wish to maintain your dazzling results.
Use Whitening Products
While over-the-counter whitening may not provide the same incredible results as in-office whitening this doesn’t mean that these products aren’t still helpful. If you simply wish to maintain your whiter smile, using whitening toothpaste and at-home whitening kits just to refresh your smile and to prevent new stains can be quite useful.
If you are interested in turning to our Lancaster, CA, dental team here at Dentist 4 Uninsured for professional teeth whitening, then the next step is to call our office at (661) 726-1010 to find out if this cosmetic dentistry is right for you.
Stop decay with modern fillings from Dentist4Uninsured in Lancaster, CA. Placed by your general dentists, Dr. Vladimir Dontsov and Dr. Anuj Patel, tooth-colored restorations reinforce and beautify tooth enamel seamlessly. Learn about their benefits here.
The problem of tooth decay
It's a leading cause of tooth loss in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). While cavities are on the decline due to the availability and effectiveness of preventive dentistry, decay still happens due to:
- Sugary diets
- Tobacco usage--both cigarettes and smokeless tobacco
- Poor oral hygiene practices at home, leading to plaque and tartar and their associated Strep germs
- Neglecting to get prophylactic care with your general dentist in Lancaster
- Persistent dry mouth
- Congenitally weak enamel
- Worn tooth surfaces due to age, teeth clenching or acid erosion from dietary choices such as orange juice, soda and tomato-based sauces
To solve this problem, our professional team at Dentist4Uninsured recommends twice-daily brushing with fluoride toothpaste, anti-plaque mouth rinses, daily flossing, a tooth-friendly diet and semi-annual check-ups in the office. Preventive care will detect dental issues when they are easier to fix and prevent gum disease and decay from starting in the first place.
The benefits of tooth-colored fillings
Composite resin is the material of choice for most instances of tooth decay. Here are its advantages:
- Natural color, sheen and texture. Composite resin matches your tooth color and bonds to it without any obvious margins or seams.
- Less enamel reduction. Composite resin is layered into the prepared site. Because it directly bonds to your tooth, your general dentist removes far less enamel than with amalgam restorations.
- Flexibility and durability. Your tooth-colored filling flexes as you bite and chew just as natural enamel does. So, the intense forces exerted by the normal oral functions are evenly distributed through the tooth, reducing stress, strain and the chances of cracking.
- Longevity. Your filling should last for years if you brush, floss and avoid hard or sticky foods such as caramels, nuts, popcorn and ice.
A strong, attractive smile for life
Achieve it with tooth-colored fillings. We know you'll look great and enjoy the many benefits of these durable restorations offer. Phone Dentist4Uninsured right away if you have a problem tooth or to schedule your routine cleaning and exam. Dr. Patel or Dr. Dontsov look forward to taking care of you and yours. Call us at (661) 726-1010.
Not loving your smile? Change how you look and feel with cosmetic dentistry services from Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA. Dr. Vladimir Dontsov and Dr. Anuj Patel understand that oral health is best complemented with excellent smile aesthetics. If you don't come them naturally, their artistic touch can give you a smile you can really love.
What Makes an Awesome Smile?
Opinions differ, but an awesome smile usually makes other people smile, too. Natural-looking, bright teeth with just the right amount of gum tissue speak of good health and self-esteem, as well.
The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry says people determine a lot about who you are by just looking at your smile. So, if yours is defective due to stains, cracks, dark fillings, or something else, it can make you feel less confident in social situations and send the wrong message.
Cosmetic Dentistry Changes Everything
At Dentist 4 Uninsured, we offer several cosmetic dentistry services to improve your smile. Used singly or combined for a totally new look, these aesthetic treatments work amazingly well. You'll be so pleased with the results, and people will notice.
Your care plan begins with an in-office exam, x-ray screening, and a setting of goals. What's your vision for the perfect smile? Dr. Dontsov or Dr. Patel will outline the steps you need to take to achieve it. Do you need one-visit teeth whitening, a complete makeover, or something in between? Your consultation at our Lancaster office will tell it all.
- Composite Resin Bonding: Your dentist blends away small chips and cracks or fills narrow gaps with a mix of glass and acrylic. This tooth-colored resin is shapeable, has a natural sheen and is highly durable.
- White Fillings: Instead of metal fillings, your dentist uses composite resin, glass ionomer, or porcelain fillings, depending on the size and location of your cavity. These innovative restorations are strong, long-lasting, and totally unnoticeable.
- Porcelain Crowns: Also known as dental caps, these beautiful crowns reinforce tooth structure and improve appearance after oral trauma. They also complete procedures such as root canal therapy and dental implants.
- Teeth Whitening: These safe applications of hydrogen peroxide gel bleach out deep dental stains caused by cigarettes, coffee, blueberries, soy sauce, curry, and more. Choose a fast in-office service or convenient whitening trays worn in the privacy of your home. Expect a smile spectacularly brighter in color.
- Porcelain Veneers: These thin shells of high-grade ceramic camouflage defects such as cracks, pits, odd shape, and more. They are a permanent smile upgrade custom-made for best fit and appearance.
It's Time to Begin
Your new smile is a phone call and consultation away. Contact Dentist 4 Unisured in Lancaster, CA, today by dialing (661) 726-1010.
Do you have a single tooth that has recently been weakened or severely damaged? If so, all you might need is a dental crown to shore up the tooth and give your smile more strength and stability. Read on to learn how crowns from your general dentists here at Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA, can boost your dental health!
Dental Crowns: A Common Restorative Dental Treatment
If you look at the most common dental treatments to restore the function and appearance of your smile, you’ll find dental crowns very close to the top of that list. They are dental devices that are hard and tooth-like. They can be made of porcelain, ceramic, or metal material, though porcelain is the preferred option for many reasons. With a crown fitted over a troubled or compromised tooth, you can expect it to be protected for at least another five years or more.
When Is a Crown Needed?
You may take good care of your teeth, but there may be instances where one or more become weak, injured, or damaged in some way. Some patients experience tooth decay that necessitates a root canal. In other cases, a gap between the teeth may be causing your smile to lose its overall stability.
Your Crown Appointment
You’ll find out at your next dental exam if you could benefit from a dental crown. Once determined, your Lancaster dentist will make adjustments to the tooth so that it will be prepared for the crown to be bonded over the surface. Using a dental impression, your dentist will have a custom crown formed to be just right for your smile, filling in any spaces, improving color, and providing much-needed strength.
Schedule Your Visit with a General Dentist
Call (661) 726-1010 today to schedule a sit down with Dr. Vladimir Dontsov or Dr. Anuj Patel, your general dentists at Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA.