Give yourself a smile you love with cosmetic dentistry. A variety of treatments and procedures are available for improving the appearance of teeth with cosmetic concerns, such as chipped areas, cracks, or stains. Dr. Vladimir Dontsov and Dr. Anuj Patel, the skilled dentists at Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA can recommend specific cosmetic dentistry procedures to help you achieve the smile you desire.
How Cosmetic Dentistry Can Help
Cosmetic dentistry can help your smile in several ways. Many cosmetic issues can be corrected with the right cosmetic dentistry procedure or treatment. Some examples of how cosmetic dentistry can improve your smile include:
- Repairing chipped or cracked teeth
- Closing small gaps between teeth
- Improving the appearance of crooked teeth
- Whitening teeth that are stained or discolored
- Brightening teeth that have become dull with age
- Giving oddly shaped teeth a more pleasing appearance
- Improving spacing between crowded or overlapping teeth
- Minimizing the appearance of a gummy smile
Cosmetic Dentistry Services
A wide range of cosmetic dentistry services at our office in Lancaster. One of our knowledgeable dentists can recommend treatments or procedures to address your specific smile concerns. Some of our cosmetic dentistry services include:
- Teeth Whitening — In-office and take-home teeth whitening kits are both available to help you achieve a whiter smile and eliminate stains on teeth. In-office whitening is the fastest way to achieve a significantly whiter smile, but take-home whitening still delivers professional results in just a few weeks and can be done in your own home when you have time.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings — This type of dental filling is used to treat teeth with cavities, but as the advantage of blending in with the natural tooth so your fillings will be unnoticeable. Additionally, tooth-colored fillings are made of a composite material that bonds with the tooth so fewer undercuts are needed to secure the filling and more of the natural tooth is left in tact.
- Cosmetic Tooth Bonding — This procedure is used to repair chips and cracks in teeth. A tooth-colored resin material is applied to the chipped or cracked area and permanently bonds with the tooth as it dries. Cosmetic bonding can also be used to eliminate small gaps between teeth by filling in the excess space.
- Tooth Contouring & Reshaping — This procedure is used to give oddly shaped teeth a more pleasing appearance or shape. A drill is used to sculpt teeth by gently removing small portions of enamel until the tooth takes on the desired shape. Contouring and reshaping can also be used to shave down teeth that are overlapping or are crowded together.
Cosmetic dentistry can give you a smile you love. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Dontsov or Dr. Patel to discuss your cosmetic dentistry options by calling Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA at (661) 726-1010.
An effective oral hygiene routine is the best defense against all sorts of oral health issues. This is followed by regular preventive general dentistry treatments with your dentist in Lancaster, CA, Dr. Vladimir Dontsov, or Dr. Anuj Patel here at Dentist 4 Uninsured, every six months. Besides safeguarding your mouth from gum disease, tooth decay, and other dental problems, routine visits to your dentist for preventive care procedures also offer the following benefits:
A More Beautiful and Brilliant Smile
Surface stains and yellowish are, unfortunately, a natural part of aging. Other factors that could stain your teeth over time include smoking tobacco products, consuming teeth-staining drinks, and certain medicines or health conditions. Thankfully, professional cleanings during your routine dental visits could aid in eliminating teeth stains, as well as tartar and plaque. After each visit, you will leave your dentist’s office with a brighter and rejuvenated smile.
Early Detection of Oral Cancer
During your routine preventive general dentistry checkups, your dentist in Lancaster, CA, will inspect your mouth to check for any potential oral cancer warning signs. Take note that oral cancer is very hard to detect since many of its symptoms do not manifest until it has reached stage II. Fortunately, routine oral examination help make certain that you receive the care you deserve to prevent or detect oral cancer as early as possible when it’s easier to treat, and before it can spread.
Makes Organizing Your Schedule So Much Easier
We’re fully aware that some people find it tough to organize their schedule and squeeze in a dentist appointment, especially if you’re juggling your family, personal, and work life. But visiting your dentist for regular checkups and cleanings could actually make organizing your busy schedule easier.
Otherwise, you may end up having to undergo multiple and more complex dental treatments to address full-blown oral health issues, which means that you will also have to take more time off from your busy schedule.
Saves You More Money and Time
Compared to restorative dentistry procedures, preventive dental care is more pocket-friendly. Restorative dental treatments will usually require multiple visits to your dentist and follow-ups, meaning that you will surely end up spending more money and time than you would with routine preventive dental care treatments. Simply put, routine preventive care visits are crucial if you’re serious about avoiding all kinds of oral health problems and more costly treatments.
Contact Us To Learn More About Our Preventive General Dentistry Procedures
Schedule a consultation at Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA by calling (661) 726-1010.
Stop decay with modern fillings from Dentist4Uninsured in Lancaster, CA. Placed by your general dentists, Dr. Vladimir Dontsov and Dr. Anuj Patel, tooth-colored restorations reinforce and beautify tooth enamel seamlessly. Learn about their benefits here.
The problem of tooth decay
It's a leading cause of tooth loss in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). While cavities are on the decline due to the availability and effectiveness of preventive dentistry, decay still happens due to:
- Sugary diets
- Tobacco usage--both cigarettes and smokeless tobacco
- Poor oral hygiene practices at home, leading to plaque and tartar and their associated Strep germs
- Neglecting to get prophylactic care with your general dentist in Lancaster
- Persistent dry mouth
- Congenitally weak enamel
- Worn tooth surfaces due to age, teeth clenching or acid erosion from dietary choices such as orange juice, soda and tomato-based sauces
To solve this problem, our professional team at Dentist4Uninsured recommends twice-daily brushing with fluoride toothpaste, anti-plaque mouth rinses, daily flossing, a tooth-friendly diet and semi-annual check-ups in the office. Preventive care will detect dental issues when they are easier to fix and prevent gum disease and decay from starting in the first place.
The benefits of tooth-colored fillings
Composite resin is the material of choice for most instances of tooth decay. Here are its advantages:
- Natural color, sheen and texture. Composite resin matches your tooth color and bonds to it without any obvious margins or seams.
- Less enamel reduction. Composite resin is layered into the prepared site. Because it directly bonds to your tooth, your general dentist removes far less enamel than with amalgam restorations.
- Flexibility and durability. Your tooth-colored filling flexes as you bite and chew just as natural enamel does. So, the intense forces exerted by the normal oral functions are evenly distributed through the tooth, reducing stress, strain and the chances of cracking.
- Longevity. Your filling should last for years if you brush, floss and avoid hard or sticky foods such as caramels, nuts, popcorn and ice.
A strong, attractive smile for life
Achieve it with tooth-colored fillings. We know you'll look great and enjoy the many benefits of these durable restorations offer. Phone Dentist4Uninsured right away if you have a problem tooth or to schedule your routine cleaning and exam. Dr. Patel or Dr. Dontsov look forward to taking care of you and yours. Call us at (661) 726-1010.
Discover why you should never ignore a toothache.
We know that the thought of having to schedule a dental appointment may not be a thrilling or happy moment, especially if you are dealing with tooth pain, but it is incredibly important that any toothache is examined by our Lancaster, CA, emergency dentists Dr. Vladimir Dontsov and Dr. Anuj Patel as soon as possible.
What is causing my toothache?
It will be impossible to tell what’s causing your pain until our Lancaster, CA, dentist can examine your tooth. But this is a considered an emergency dental situation because your dental pain could be caused by,
- A cavity
- Gum disease
- Trauma to the tooth (e.g. a crack or fracture)
- Teeth grinding
- Impacted teeth (common in wisdom teeth)
- An abscessed or infected tooth
Why do I need to see a dentist?
A toothache is just a symptom. The purpose of your visit is for our emergency dentist to be able to determine what’s causing you pain so we can treat the underlying problem. As you can see from the list above, a lot of these problems will get worse without proper treatment, leading to serious complications including bone damage, gum deterioration, and tooth loss.
How can I ease the pain on my own?
While you will absolutely need to see a dentist in order to treat the cause of your pain, we also know that you may not be able to head into the office for a few hours. In the meantime, some ways to ease the pain on your own include,
- A cold compress to the side of the face
- An over-the-counter painkiller
- A topical oral anesthetic (you can buy these over the counter)
- Rinsing with saltwater (just add a pinch of salt to a glass of water, swish around and spit it out)
We believe that everyone should be able to get the dental care they need without having to worry about how to afford it. That’s why here at Dentist 4 Uninsured in Lancaster, CA, our emergency dentists provide a variety of ways to help patients afford everything from immediate dental care to routine checkups. If you’re dealing with a toothache, rest assured that we can help. Call us right away at (661) 726-1010.
Gum disease can wreak havoc on your smile, causing damage to sensitive gums and even tooth loss in some cases. Improving your oral hygiene and visiting the Lancaster, CA, general dentistry office of Drs. Vladimir Dontsov and Anuj Patel of Dentist 4 Uninsured will help you lower your gum disease risk.
6 Ways to Prevent Gum Disease
Gum disease doesn't cause alarming changes at first. Your gums may look a little red and bleed when you brush or floss your teeth if you have the mildest form of the disease. Unfortunately, if you don't make a few changes, the disease will soon worsen and become more complicated to treat. Reducing the likelihood that you'll develop gum disease can be as simple as:
- Upgrading Your Brushing Routine: Gum disease may be in your future if you aren't a diligent brusher. Brushing removes plaque, a sticky, transparent film that contains bacteria. If plaque isn't removed promptly, it turns into a hard, brown deposit called tartar. Both substances can contribute to gum disease. Keep plaque under control by brushing twice a day for at least two minutes per brushing session.
- Flossing Regularly: Flossing prevents plaque from building up between teeth, yet far too many people consider flossing an optional oral hygiene task. Daily flossing will not only help you avoid cavities but also prevent gum disease.
- Using Mouthwash: When you shop for oral health supplies in Lancaster, add anti-bacterial mouthwash to your cart. The mouthwash kills bacteria that can cause gum disease. Rinsing your mouth with mouthwash removes food debris in addition to freshening your breath. Alcohol-free products won't irritate your gums or dry your mouth.
- Quitting Smoking: Those who smoke or use tobacco products are more likely to develop gum disease.
- Maintaining Good Health: Diabetes and other disease and conditions may increase your risk of gum disease. Keeping health conditions under control can improve the health of your gums.
- Scheduling Dental Checkups Twice a Year: Dental cleanings offered as part of your checkups remove plaque and tartar and help you keep your gums healthy. If you do happen to develop gum disease, your dentist can start treatment promptly, minimizing the damage to your gums.
Protect your gums with regular visits to your dentists in Lancaster, CA, Drs. Dontsov and Patel of Dentist 4 Uninsured. Call the general dentistry office at (661) 726-1010 to schedule your appointment.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.